The menus "Tools" and "Data" on the main screen give access to all the main functions of HeliPort. Note that the tool "GPS logger" is not accessible in the MS-Windows version, and the menu is greyed out. Below is a short description of every item, read the manual in PDF format or use the help menus to get more information.
1. Headspeed calculator: for lipo and life packs, with the (optional) choice of over 200 predefined heli motors and many heli/maingear combo's, adjustable motor efficiency value and throttle settings.
2. Battery calculator: calculates discharge percentage and rate, average current and maximum flight times.
3. Flight logger: semi-automated logger to track the usage of individual helis and get statistics.
4. Battery logger: semi-automated logger to track the usage of individual batteries and get statistics.
5. GPS logger: (only in the MS-Windows Mobile version) allows to record speeds, distances, altitudes, headings and timing of any flight. It also calculates the highest values. The logged data are shown in a spreadsheet-like interface, and can be saved on the device in CSV format. This makes it easy to import these files in to many other programs. A legend is included in the help menu.
6. Tachometer with spectrum analyzer: main blade RPM calculation by recording and analyzing audio. This tool records a short sample of the sound of the heli, and accordingly calculates the RPM value within 10 RPM. Please read the help, by clicking the help menu in the tachometer screen ! You should know what is going on and understand the results and the spectrum analyzer before even trying to use this tachometer. The tachometer can also analyze sound files that were not recorded with HeliPort. And it allows for user-defined, delayed recordings with selectable warning sounds.
A. Electromotors: a searchable list containing over 200 popular electromotors, which is also used by the headspeed calculator.
B. Tailbelts: a length/teeth calculator for 3 different types of tailbelts, with a reference list of some common helis and tailbelt specs.
C. Electrical wires: a current/wire calculator and data about some well known AWG and metric types of wire.
D. Connectors: ratings and pictures of common connectors like servo-, balance- and power connectors.
· Help for "Tools" and "Data": separate inline help for each module.
· Import/export possibilities for all loggers in CSV format, usable with word processors and spreadsheet programs.
· Automatic saving of user settings.
· Data are remembered when switching from one module to another, as long as HeliPort is not closed.
· Extremely compact user-interface, with the same look and feel for the MS-Windows and MS-Windows Mobile version.
· Last but not least: it is completely free to use.